Electric energy is an essential part of our modern lives. Anywhere there is electricity, there are accompanying electric and magnetic fields (EMF). These fields literally are all around us, emanating from TVs, microwaves, electric blankets, home appliances, office equipment, and countless other devices that we use to make life safer, easier, and more interesting.
Use of electric power is something we usually take for granted. However, some have wondered whether EMF produced by electric energy in appliances and power lines might adversely affect health. Numerous research studies and scientific reviews have been conducted to address this question.
After decades of research, the results conclude that there is no compelling evidence of any health hazard from power lines. And if power lines do have any effect on human health, it is very small.
- National Cancer Institute
- World Health Organization
- Study of Farm Animals Near 756 kV Transmission Lines
- Biological Effects of Electric Fields on Agricultural Animals
- Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields on Vertebrates
- Effects of a High Voltage Direct Current Transmission Line on Beef Cattle Production
- Effects of Long Term Exposure to a 400 kV 50 Hz Transmission Line on Estrous and Fertility in Cows
- Exposure of Pregnant Dairy Heifer to Magnetic Fields at 60 Hz and 30 uT